Tao of Wellness had another busy and productive year in 2018. We continued not only the ancient traditions of our medicine, but also of educating our patients on the benefits of living a healthy and happy lifestyle. Here are some of the highlights from the past year.
• Drs. Dao and Mao hosted the Integrative Reproductive Medicine Symposium at Yo San University, where they spoke alongside Dr. Richard Marrs, Dr. Richard Buyalos, and other integrative reproductive medicine specialists.
• Dr. Mao led a 2-Day Meditation & Harmony Tai Chi Intensive with Olivia Rosewood in Temescal Canyon in the spring.
• Drs. Dao and Mao led the College of Tao Annual Retreat in Temescal Canyon, and then held a New Year’s celebration with the Yo San University Student Association and The College of Tao at Yo San University.
• Tao of Wellness Santa Monica hosted a hands-on Healthy Heart Cooking Class with Dr. Mao and Soeon Park, L.Ac. in February.
• Tao of Wellness Pasadena received the “Reader Recommended Award” for Acupuncture in the Pasadena Weekly’s “Best of Pasadena” for the third consecutive year.
• Dr. Mao led a series of seminars about Feng Shui at Yo San University: “Feng Shui For Abundance and Prosperity,” “Feng Shui For Career and Success,” and a Feng Shui Consultant Certification course. He also taught an intensive “Five Healths Feng Shui” course in Geneva, Switzerland this year.
• Dr. Mao and Soeon Park, L.Ac., spoke about the benefits of Chi Gong and led a class for Parkinson’s Support Group participants at Saint John’s Health Center.
• Dr. Dao spoke at the Integrative Fertility Symposium for acupuncturists in Vancouver, B.C., in April about uterine fibroids and the management of ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome (OHSS). He was also recognized by being given a Lifetime Achievement Award for being a pioneer in the field of integrative reproductive medicine.
• Sally Goluboff, L.Ac. was invited to speak about the benefits of Traditional Chinese Medicine and women’s health at the Thrive Speaker Series, in Venice.
• Albert Vaca, L.Ac. hosted a free webinar on “Fertility East Meets West” with Dr. Brad Kolb of Huntington Reproductive Center on integrative fertility practices.
• Dr. Mao taught a workshop on “Achieving Ultimate Mind Health” at Northwestern Health Sciences University in Minnesota.
• Dr. Mao spoke about how Traditional Chinese Medicine can assist with treating addiction and help with the path to recovery on the Recovery 2.0 online conference “Life Beyond Addiction.”
• J. Matthew Brand, L.Ac. hosted a free webinar on “Acupuncture and Pain Relief.”
• Dr. Mao and Frances Lam, L.Ac., led a free Chi Gong class at the Cancer Survivors Day, “Celebrating Life,” at Providence Saint John’s Health Center in Santa Monica.
• J. Matthew Brand, L.Ac. spoke about using TCM for natural pain relief for the Evolution Hospitality group.
• Soeon L.Ac. participated in the Wise and Healthy aging event exhibition - 50+ Rediscovering U: An Afternoon of Exploration and Fun at UCLA, Santa Monica.
• Dr. Mao led a free, 5-day Wellness Workshop/Facebook Live Series online, entitled “Your Lifestyle is Elemental.”
• Three new monthly online wellness education events were launched by Tao of Wellness: Dr. Dao’s Women’s Wellness & Fertility and The Healing Hour, featuring different Tao of Wellness doctors every month which can be viewed on Facebook Live. There is also a Tele-study group about Tao of Life available via Zoom online. Meanwhile, Dr. Mao also continues his monthly Dear Dr. Mao series on Facebook Live. All four free online talks feature different health topics.
Dr. Mao had many speaking arrangements this year, including the Los Angeles Public Library Docents Spring Luncheon, the Young Presidents’ Organization in Pittsburgh, PA, the Asian Healthcare Leadership Summit in Singapore, the 6th Annual Metastatic Breast Cancer conference at City of Hope in Duarte, CA, and at Cancer Support Community Los Angeles.