5 Reasons How Acupuncture Assists Infertility
Infertility is defined as the inability to conceive naturally within a 12 month period. For many, this can be a challenging time, not knowing where to turn to get the help that they need. Fortunately, Acupuncture and Chinese Medicine has been used to treat infertility and women’s health issues in China for thousands of years. More recent studies have shown that it is an effective therapy for improving conditions for a healthy pregnancy and, when working in conjunction with Western IVF therapies, can increase odds of conception and live births by 40-60%.
Here’s how Chinese Medicine can help:
- Naturally balancing your hormones. This means regulating menstrual cycles, normalizing ovulation, improving objective levels such as FSH and Estrogen, and enhance thickness of endometrial lining.
- Reduction of stress hormones and a calmer nervous system. The saying goes that “infertility causes infertility” due to the hormones secreted while under constant stress, which can lead to lower pregnancy rates.
- Improved blood supply to the ovaries which improves the stimulation of follicles to produce a higher quality of eggs.
- Improving odds of IVF success: a complementary therapy to increase blood flow to the uterus, which can result in improved thickness of the endometrium and more successful implantation.
- For men, acupuncture and Chinese medicine also improves sperm quality and quantity.
We have had the benefit and honor of treating patients in our practice with the challenge of infertility and the Tao of Wellness has been working with fertility patients for decades. Dr. Dao has been a pioneer of fertility research and is the author of The Tao of Fertility. Yo San University, founded by Dr.’s. Dao and Mao, has the only Doctoral program in the nation specializing in Women’s Health and Reproductive Medicine, being continuously at the forefront of research and education.
The doctors at the Tao of Wellness have developed specialized fertility enhancement treatment protocols. Among these are Fertility qigong and meditative practices, Fertility tuina massage, and specific nutritional therapies to stack the odds in your favor. Add to these our Detoxification retreats, which can help the body rid themselves of harmful chemical buildup over time, and these treatments can enhance your body’s ability to build a solid foundation on your path to pregnancy.